Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Descending Rainwater

As the CSA pick-ups begin next week, I thought I would post some photos of the farm's progress. The rate at which the crops grow this time of year never ceases to amaze me!  This spring, relative to past years, has been spectacular for growing.  Warm days, replenishing thundershowers, and (gasp!) not a freezing night since early May have created the perfect conditions for production.  In just a couple of weeks, CSA members will have sugar snap peas and strawberries in copious amounts.  I hope that is not a problem.

My honeybees are busy, busy these days.  They make me feel lazy, and I don't particularly consider 
myself of the lazy persuasion.  My queens are frantically laying eggs, while the workers make endless trips a day bringing heavy loads of pollen and nectar into the hives.  The males mostly wander about the frames trying to appear useful.  In general, they are so, so fascinating to observe.  If only we could all work together so well in th
is life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment